Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Beach-themed Lampshade


Here is a small glimpse of the latest lampshade I have been working on. It has been a lot of work, but I am pleased with how it is turning out. It features pretty iridescent shells, blue starfish, and, of course, sand--all carefully stitched on. It is a small shade but would be perfect in a bathroom or a cottage home or room that has a beach theme. I should finish it later this week and will post it on my eCrater site. I can't help thinking while browsing through magazines featuring home decor that people should have more decorative lampshades. I have decorated two in my living room with pretty rose-covered floral fabric (roses, of course!), burgundy trim, and a rose, pink, green, and red beaded fringe--and those shades really "make" the lamps (not to mention enhance the look of my living room)! I'm just trying to find the perfect beads now to go with my bedroom decor to decorate the two plain lampshades there. It is fun having a "quest", and this will be my quest--finding those perfect beads--as I visit new bead shops this summer.

No comments: