Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Supplying our Needs

I know times are tight for many people, and they are for us as well. The fall and early winter always seem especially tight for us, and this year is no exception. Property taxes are due, more fuel is being used, things that we must purchase end up costing much more than expected, etc. You know how it is. We do not receive year-end bonuses. Not everyone does, you know. Those of you who do receive one or whose spouse receives one, please remember to be especially thankful for this. I am reminded of this Bible verse and quote it's promise in prayer when things are especially tight--But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19). How thankful I am to serve a God who certainly DOES take care of us! Lately we have gone without many wants, but God has always supplied our needs. It amazes me sometimes just how He does this---i.e. a bill gets paid for in a unique way or a little money from an unexpected source comes in. You know, some of those wants we really could live without anyway....and when a "want" does come our way? Well, we feel soooo wealthy! It is truly comforting and gives me great peace to know that I serve a Lord who loves me AND takes care of my family and me. To God be the glory!

1 comment:

Little Lovables said...

I totally agree... especially after paying tithing. That sacrifice truly makes an increase in soo mnay ways!