Sunday, August 30, 2009

Victoria Magazine's Crown Jewels Article

You know, love sparkles--and plenty of them--and greatly admire the tasteful application of them. Now if we throw something vintage among sparkles, well...I'm smitten. So, when I opened the latest issue (unfortunately 'tis the last issue of my subscription) of Victoria magazine (the September/October issue) I confess to having a "gasp" moment! There was a feature entitled "Crown Jewels", and it showed the creations of Pam Claussen. Talk about eye candy! I kept telling myself that I'd sit down when the house was quiet and savor reading the feature, but, alas, I couldn't wait and have poured over the feature several times already! Pam takes vintage sparkles and beads and remnants of silk, brocade, and lace and creates incredible one-of-a-kind crowns, hats, bridal accessories and other lovelies. I received so much inspiration from the beautiful pictures and even visited Pam's gorgeous website>>>glambypam.net. Also, the Victoria magazine website has other pictures of her home. I'd recommend getting the magazine, visiting Victoria's website, and definitely visiting Pam's site. You won't be disappointed. I wasn't.

3 comments:

Stayathomemommy said...

What beautiful jewelry! Thanks for sharing I am going to check it out!
Karrie

blushing rose said...

Checked out Pam ... awesome creations. TY for sharing.
Have a beautiful week. TTFN ~ Marydon

pam claussen said...

pc@glambypam.net
Good Morning Michele. Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Victoria magazine article. To show my appreciation, I would love to send you my book Crowns. I'm sure you would enjoy it for many years.

I'm off in a hour to Cannon Beach, Oregon (my favorite place on the planet) for a week. Leaving the cell and email behind for long walks on the beach and horseback riding. When I return in a week, I will look forward to hearing from you.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer, and again thank you for all of your lovely comments.

Pam Claussen
Glam by Pam