Monday, December 7, 2009

Snowflake Swap

Today is the first real snowfall of the season, and the day when the kids and I traditionally get out the clear, glistening crystal, glass, and resin snowflakes to put up on our windows (they will remain up until March sometime). I love snowflakes...they are shiny, sparkly, glittery, and beautiful in every possible way. In honor of this event, I have decided to host a swap.

Here are the rules:
1) Must sign up by midnight December 21. International participants welcome.
2) Must email me at treasuresandtea@gmail.com with the following information: Name, mailing address, email address, blog address, and whether you mind swapping internationally. I will email you back a confirmation that I have received your info.
3) Swap box must include at least one snowflake item (napkins, ornament, candle, candy, etc.) and at least one handmade item (tag, pin, charm, ornament, ATC, dishcloth, etc.). Most if not all of the colors of the items must be "snow" colors--think silver, clear, shades of white, all shades of blue, glitter, crystal.
4) Swap partners will be emailed out on January 2 for the mailing of items by January 16. (Hey, there's nothing else going on in the middle of January--might as well do a swap!).

Now, one important thing about this swap is that I will not tolerate anyone who doesn't hold up their end of the deal. The last swap I participated in was terribly disappointing. I worked hard on my swap items, sent them off to my three partners, and didn't get anything in return from any of them! Please don't sign up for this if you are not serious about participating.

I will post about specific people who don't live up to their word, so please follow through.

Now, grab the button above to spread the word, add a link to this blog post, and let's have fun. Let it snow!

P.S. Snowflake paper above compliments of vintageholidaycrafts.com

3 comments:

Shabby Cottage Shoppe said...

Good luck with the swap! Sounds like fun!
Gail

the wild raspberry said...

our last snow was so wimpy...hope yours is beautiful.
love that shell brooch in your shop!
have a wonderful day~
chasity

Anonymous said...

I just found out about your swap and am sorry that I missed it. I hope that it turns out wonderfully snowy for you and the swappers.