Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Something Old...." Swap

My swap package arrived from Cathy of "Treasured Heirlooms". This was the "Something Old, Something New..." wedding themed swap hosted by Linda of A Swap for all Seasons. It was fun to put together, and I'll do another post on what I sent to Cathy. First, though, I will show you the pretties that she sent to me...
Everything came wrapped in pretty tissue with glistening pink ribbon.
"Something Old" was a lovely teacup and saucer with pink and yellow flowers. I love teacups!
"Something New" was a cupcake book. Who can resist a cupcake book? I'm looking forward to taking some time and giving it the proper reading over!
"Something Borrowed" was a little porcelain box with roses on the top and "lace." It reminds me of the dainty ladies with porcelain lace dresses that my great-grandmother used to have.
"Something Blue" was the most amazing...not to mention sparkly...sign! I just love the color blue Cathy made this in. It says "Bliss" on the bottom and is a true show stopper.
Lastly, we were each to include a wedding picture of some sort and in some form. Cathy did an amazing job on the sparkly frame. It's beautiful The wedding picture itself if both funny and elegant--the bride looks like she "got him". Of course, her dress has lots of sparkle too!
Many thanks to Cathy for these lovelies and for Linda for hosting this fun swap!

2 comments:

deb said...

WOW! Great swap gifts! So pretty, love the wedding pic.

BTW, I have an award for you in my blog ☺☺
*hugs*deb

Unknown said...

How lovely a swap gift ... so creative your friend is ... love the wedding pics.

Have a lovely weekend holiday.
TTFN Hugs, Marydon