Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Some Exquisite Vintage Buttons

Mom and I were at an estate sale the Saturday before we left for South Dakota, and I picked up this bag with three sets of buttons in it. Another lady really wanted it and even told me if I didn't want the buttons she did. Well, I bought the bag and can see why she was so eager. Two of the sets are on pieces of card that say Czecho Slovakia. The other doesn't have a place of origin written anywhere. They are small, glass, highly detailed, old, and amazingly beautiful--and all were for a song. I've contemplated keeping them, but have decided to put them in my Etsy shop (and will list them when I get the chance). But...I thought you might enjoy seeing them. As I've said many times in the past...if I weren't into beads I'd be into buttons--they are small jewels to be enjoyed for sure!

3 comments:

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Michele,

OMGosh...the buttons are gorgeous!!
I would have scooped them up as well! I love the cream and gold with the beautiful florals especially!!!

Enjoy!!

Susan

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a great find, i love buttons, it is always such a hard decision to keep or sell!

Carol

Charlene said...

Beautiful BUTTONS! I'm a button NUT! Love them. Thanks for sharing. Charlene