Sunday, March 27, 2011

Birthday Fun

Well, it was a rather *sad* week as we came off of Gram's memorial service last weekend and went through her things this past week. So many memories. Mom was kind enough to give me some special things that were Gram's which I shall enjoy. More pictures on those things some other day. A dear lady from church bought me a perm for my birthday, so I spent Friday morning to get that. Wasn't that thoughtful? Since I usually give myself a home perm to save money, I felt totally spoiled having this. On Saturday (my actual birthday), Mom and I went out for a cinnamon roll and tea for breakfast then on to two antique malls (without children!) for some looking around for the afternoon. Thankfully, there were lots of sales going on as well as customer appreciation snacks and specials. We had great fun. I got this little pile of goodies to resell and/or create with. We had great fun. My parents, husband, and kids went out for supper then later came back to our house for cheesecake. Yum! My husband got one of those sampler cheesecakes which was a wonderful twist to the regular birthday cake. He certainly had a great idea!


My dear brother sent me these beautiful flowers. They are certainly a nice perk to the kitchen table. It was a nice, relaxed birthday, and I'm truly thankful to be with my family and have some relaxed enjoyment.

3 comments:

Terri Gordon said...

Hello, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I wanted to wish you a wonderful birthday. Have a wonderful week. Terri

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

Happy Birthday! You spent your special day exactly how I would have spent mine. What a perfect day!

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Michele,

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!!

What a sweet lady at your church to give you the gift of a Perm...so sweet!
I love the stash you found with your mom at the Antique Mall. I
wonder what you will turn them in to...no doubt something beautiful!

I am sorry about the loss of your Grandma.

Hugs to you,

Susan