Friday, June 3, 2011

Chains...A Help When Gluing

Here's a little crafting tip: I do a lot of gluing and have found chains to be one of the most valuable helpers in my creating area. I discovered this after buying a stash of treasures in which were a bunch of chains--something I don't normally use. I put the chains aside in this tray to try to figure out what to do with them. One day I was gluing something and needed to set the item in something secure so that it would dry and not move....yes, those useless chains right then become quite useful. The chains conform to the shape of the item to hold it securely in place. Thankfully chains can be found inexpensively at any yard sale or thrift shop, and if you do a great deal of gluing, I'd recommend using them.

3 comments:

Annesphamily said...

You are a crafty one with a talent that is very creative! Happy weekend to you! Anne

Cottage Rose said...

Now that is a great idea,, I have a few and now I know what to do with them... thanks for the tip..
have a great weekend.

Hugs;
Alaura

Something Special said...

Thanks for the tip Michele. I will try that!