Sunday, July 3, 2011

What I sent to Deb

 
This is what I sent off to Deb (Garage Sale Gal) in the Bloggerette Sorority Summertime Matchbox Swap.  Deb likes yellow and pink, so I made her a box with those colors (and some sparkles, of course!).

Inside I put lots of vintage bits and tried to keep in mind her favorite colors of yellow and pink-- including a pretty doily with small yellow and pink flowers, golden vintage thread, some metal stars, a string of pearls, and a house-shaped tea strainer.

I added some vintage paper bits, a round container of glass beads including little fish beads, and a mini salt shaker with sea glass in it from Maine.

I also put in a little box filled with pretty buttons (including an ice cream cone button) and baubles with summer colors and themes.

Deb was a great partner, and this was certainly a fun swap.

4 comments:

Ruby Jean said...

Everything you put in there is Lovely... That box in the picture looks small... But it sure did fool me when you showed everything you got in there... : )

Have a wonderful 4th

Becs said...

Hey Michelle, what a pretty matchbox and love all the goodies! THese swaps and the matchboxes are addicting aren't they? Becs

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Michele,
Your photos are much better than mine and you ar a Great Swap Partner! I'm going thru my matchbox all the time and discovering new goodies. I like to "savor" things!
Happy 4th and THANKS!!
Warmly,
deb

Something Special said...

Looks like your matchbox swap was a smash too. I loved my partner and what she sent to me. Have you entered into my giveaway. If not then you should check it out.