Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sea Glass Push Pins/Thumbtacks


As promised, here is what I've done with some of the beautiful pieces of sea glass that we found in Maine.  I made push pins out of them.  These pieces were a good size, in pretty colors, and had interesting patterns/shapes.  I like the ones that were part of the bottle's mouth, the faint purple one with the designs in it, and the brown one with part of the word "quart" on it.  Sea glass is getting harder to find--especially the pretty blues, turquoises, and light greens.  I noticed this especially on this past trip.  Anyway, these would be perfect for a beach cottage or ocean themed memory board, inspiration board, or bulletin board.  I've listed them in my Etsy shop.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Great use of the sea glass. Funny running into your post - for some reason I've been thinking about sea glass and how cool it would look in a small bowl. I love your pushpins - they must look awesome scattered on a bulletin board.