Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Visiting...visiting...

...this has been a busy past week or two.  My grandparents (my dad's parents) flew up to Wisconsin from Florida to visit us and my parents.  They have never been in my home in all the years since my husband and I have been married (over 21 years)...we have always gone and visited them.  So, it was a pretty special thing for them to come and see our home for the first time.  I cleaned and scrubbed (even the chandelier--wow, does it sparkle!) with the help of the kids and hubby when he could.  They came, and we were busy every day.  They do wonderfully for being 87 ad 84, and they/we were constantly on the go.  We went to the Mall of America in Minnesota (something they have always wanted to do) and did the entire mall.  They took several tours of the surrounding area.  Thankfully the trees are turning beautifully, and they got to see some beautiful foliage (something they miss and just don't see in Florida) with the rolling hills, fields, and farms of Wisconsin.  My grandmother went to the kids' violin lessons with us, and she, my mother, and I even did a flea market where I was able to get some pretty treasures (see above--I love the enamel button--it's a keeper!).  We had a wonderful time.  It was a good visit with plenty of talk and laughs.  What good memories were made for all!

2 comments:

Dreaming of Vintage said...

What pretty finds!

Tami Hacker said...

There is something special about being able to share the hospitality of your home with your parents. I think as little girls we look forward to that day. So glad you were finally able to share your home with your parents and that you had a wonderful visit with them.

Love your jeweled ornaments!!