Thursday, May 24, 2012

Matchbox Swap--to My Partner

Well, this promises to be a hot weekend here in Wisconsin.  It has been very dry lately, so hopefully the storms the weatherman says will come will indeed come.  However....hopefully only during the evening/night.  Tomorrow is the start of a city-wide garage sale hop at one of my favorite local towns, and Saturday morning Mom and I are planning on going to the Princeton flea market.  Yes, the flea market is every Saturday...BUT the holiday weekends are supposed to be the best.  Hopefully neither will get rained out despite needing the rain!

Thought I show the matchbox I created for Karla in the Vintage Dragonfly's "Partner's Choice" altered matchbox swap.  Mine hasn't arrived yet (it isn't coming from Karla but from someone different), but I'm sure it will in time. ; )  Each person was to list what they liked--themes, colors, styles, etc., then we were to alter a matchbox and fill it with things that they especially would want.  I made Karla a box with an aqua, beachy theme complete with glitter "sand", sea glass, jewelry shells, and a shell button drawer pull.  I didn't take a picture of the contents...but it had plenty of bits and pieces and blings.  Karla is just the nicest person...she told me she was married at a lighthouse.  Now, how romantic is that?  Hop over to her blog when you get a moment and get to know her. 

5 comments:

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Gorgeous altered matchbox Michele...Beautifully embellished..Lucky Karla..wish I was on that beach right now! ;)
Jan x

JoAnne said...

I KNOW Karla will adore this!!! Beautifully done Michele. I hope you will post a picture to the group for all our members to see.

Ascension said...

Has hecho un precioso y original trabajo, me encanta.
besitos ascension

sjmcdowell said...

Hi dear Michele,

What a wonderful Matchbox you created for your swap partner!
I have yet to make one of these darling little things...I will have to make one at some point!!!

I love the ocean and this one is precious! I'm sure your swal buddy will love it!!

love and hugs and enjoy a great weekend..and yard sales!! :)

Susan
xxoo

Something Special said...

The song of the sea matchbox is really lovely. I will have to go and read about what her likes were. I will bet you had fun creating that one and finding all that would go into it in Wisconsin! I am jealous of any city wide garage sales and attending flea markets. We just don't have any flea markets in my town.