Saturday, September 1, 2012

Simple Cream Scone Recipe

We had a ladies tea at our church today, and I made these yummy, simple scones for the event.  The recipe was in a book from a friend.  It is a simple recipe to make up, and the scones are best warm, right out of the oven.  They are good both with homemade strawberry jam AND lemon curd.   Enjoy!

2 cups flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. sugar
6 Tbsp. butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup cream, milk, or half and half

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.  With a pastry blender cut in butter.  In a separate bowl combine eggs and cream until well blended.  Stir cream mixture into dry ingredients until they are moistened.  Gently pat down dough on floured surface and cut out with flower cookie cutters.  Brush tops with cream and sprinkle on sugar.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until just browned. 

2 comments:

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

I love scones! I will be brave and try this recipe. I think they would be delicious with the homemade black cherry jam I have!
♥ Jil

Unknown said...

OOOOOOO I know I host this What's Cooking in the Cottage Kitchen, but you all are noooo fair. Tryin to lose wieght over here.OOOOOOO