Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall Button Swap


Here are pictures of what I made and gave to my partner, Lee, in the Button Floozies fall button swap.  I am assuming Lee has received her package by now, so I decided it was time to post.  We were supposed to decorate a standard-sized Altoid tin and include at least 40 buttons--all with a fall theme of some sort.

It was fun finding the buttons...and it certainly helped discovering a huge bin of buttons at a flea market last month to paw through.  I bought the pretty paper and owl sticker (couldn't resist the sparkle!) at Hobby Lobby and otherwise used bits and pieces of things that I had around the house.

I ended up putting over 50 buttons in the tin and tied the tin together just to make sure it didn't open in transit.  Hope Lee liked it.  Thank you, Laurie, for hostessing this.  It was a great deal of fun.

6 comments:

Chenille Cottage said...

Pretty Pretty Pretty! I just love buttons. Your swap tin is perfect for the Fall. Just look at all the warm colors and textures.
Thanks for sharing, my friend,
Blessings,
Carolynn

Chenille Cottage said...

What a sweet post. I love all your pretty Fall colored buttons.
I'm so glad you shared, my friend,
Blessings from my button box,
Carolynn xo

Becs said...

Very cute! Don't you just love rummaging through old buttons? I had the best time! Love the buttons on the tim too! Becs

PlainJane said...

Very pretty Michele!!! Just curious, how did you put the leaf paper on so nice on the box, or is that tissue paper mod podged on?

ByLightOfMoon said...

The tin is fabulous! Never would have known it was an upcycled Altoids tin! You did beautiful work and I adore the owl inside the top cover!

Your buttons are enchanting and you do AweSoME work with your scrapbook paper.

Just beautiful and I know it will be treasured by Lee forever!
Smiles, Cyndi

Lee said...

And I am the lucky recipient! Thank you, Michele! It is such a pretty fall box filled with sweet fall buttons-- thank you again for being my swap partner! -- Lee