Sunday, November 16, 2014

Miniature Altered Quilting / Stitching / Sewing Matchboxes

These have taken me just forever to develop...make...and list in my shop.  However, it is done!  I thought these would be a sweet gift for someone who is a stitcher, quilter, crafter, etc...something that they probably wouldn't take the time to make or want to make for themselves. These are little mixed media/altered matchbox sewing boxes/kits.  They are not true to scale but are little and fun with a definite vintage look...and well they should be.

I used paint and pretty material on these and have embellished the tops with a little pair of scissors, a button card with vintage tiny buttons, and strip of measuring tape.

All of the paper pieces were once vintage items that I have scanned, remade, colored, and definitely shrunk.  I put a couple of coats of Mod Podge on the papers for extra strength.

All of the buttons are tiny, real, and vintage.  In the box itself are two skeins of thread, another button card, a little packet of "pins", and a lace/tatting card with real vintage tatting/lace.
I admit to getting some of my inspiration on Pinterest...though the inspiration there was from large/real life items.  I wanted to make everything tiny, of course!  I have some other ideas for boxes because, well, I just love little things and vintage things as you know.  So, keep your eyes peeled.  I will be working on them soon and have them up hopefully next month.  Meanwhile, I hope you like these.  Oh, these can be made into magnets too.  I like things that are functional rather than just "sitting there", so I've left it open to add a magnet on the bottom if someone wishes.  Check out all four boxes in my Etsy shop if you'd like.

No comments: